Sunday, June 13, 2010

English People, German People, More Beaches

Holaaaaaaaaaaa

On Friday we went as a group to Magaluf. It is a part of the island where all the English tourists stay. Everything there was in English. It reminded me of a USA -Cancun relationship. While we were there, we had to interview 2 tourists and 2 people who work there for our class. For my tourists, I talked to a group of guys from Northern Ireland, a kid from SE England. Their answers were mostly just drunken BS, but it completed the assignment and I had a good time chatting with them. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures at Magaluf because I was busy trying to interview people, but I'm sure we'll go back there sometime.
Above is an Island off the coast of Magaluf.
Here is the Crusty Crab's biggest competitor. I liked the name and the stereotypical "British Fish & Chips" so I had to snap a photo.


Saturday was the first day that we had to ourselves. After finally sleeping in, I decided I would take the opportunity to check out another beach. We are required to visit this one on our own at some point in time for our research project so I figured I would get it out of the way as early as I could. This area of Mallorca is called "Playa de Palma" and it is the tourist destination for Germans. Everything here is written in German. There was a lot of crazy partying here. They sold sangria there by the bucket.

Above is another guy on his bachelor party. He had a box of a bunch of worthless stuff that he had to sell. I looked through his stuff to try to help him out but I didn't see anything I wanted. He ended up just giving me the German flag that he's holding here. Sweet.
Here is a shot down one side of the beach. This beach goes on forever and the whole thing is covered with Germans.
This is a picture inside "Mega Park." It is a huuuuge German bar filled with a lot of Germans acting Germanish.
They had stadium megatrons inside for watching the World Cup!
These huge drink containers were on about every table. The one on the right was 37 Euros and the one on the left was 22 Euros. I talked with the owner of these two for a little bit.
This German waitress begged me for a picture. I obliged after she paid me 5 euros.

Today (Sunday) I took a personal day at the beach. I got to sleep in again which was nice. We went to a disco last night. Not the bell-bottom-pants-disco, the club-disco. It was pretty fun but I would have preferred to go to a different one. After eating paella with the family for lunch, I walked down to the beach. This beach is dirty because its so close to the port so I didn't swim. I just lounged and got bronzified. Tonight I'm going to stay in and watch the Prince of Persia DVD that I bought from the street vendor.

I'll leave you with this picture I took today of big, old man in a small, old speedo. I'm not sure if taking your bird to the beach is normal here or not, but it looked a little strange to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment