Thursday, June 17, 2010

Made us some good food.

Not much has passed since my last post.. School is really picking up so I've been pretty busy. I had to give a presentation yesterday on a strategy to improve the quality of life of a developing area of the island and today I had a test. It was definitely harder than the test I had last week, but I think it went well. Only time will tell though. Tomorrow we are going to Pollensa and Playa de Muro. We are going to visit a ecological hotel (www.clubpollentia.com). On Sunday we are going to go to Valldemossa. The week to come is going to be even busier than this one as I have another test on Monday, Tuesday I have a meeting with the program directors about my internship and I am meeting with my intercambio in the morning, Wednesday I have to have my rough draft for my 20-30min presentation, Thursday I have to give my presentation and turn in my 6 page paper, and Friday I have my final exam.

On Tuesday of this past week though I got to have some fun when we took a cooking class from a famous chef, Cati Aguilo. It was a lot of fun and she was extremely nice. Her elegant apartment was very spacious for a single senora in Spain. She had a few dishes prepared for us when we got there, but we made 2 more plus desserts.
Here is a poster of Cati that she had in her house. She looks pretty strict here but she is actually very nice and has a great sense of humor!
Here is a picture of the potatoes that Conrad and I cut. I'm quite the chef now.
Cati showed us some of her hand-made/blown glasses that she was proud of.

This has become a common sight for me over here, but I figured I should take a picture for you guys. Milk is left on the counter in Spain.
The finished product.
The other dish we made, I forgot the name of it though and I don't want to go look through my papers to find the recipe; sorry. But it was very good, and we even added to her recipe by putting cheese on it. It looks pretty pizza-esque, but I promise it tasted nothing like pizza.
For desert we made cool cookie things (obviously I forgot the name of these too). We got to make whatever shapes we wanted. My creations were obviously the best as I had a lot of practice with Play-dough and Silly Putty as a child. Above is a car that I made. It was delicious.
Here is the group of chefs with Cati! (Aaron, Conrad, Jena, Me, Cati, Nick, Chandler, Andrew).
Today I had a little bit of time to kill between my class and my intercambio so I walked the streets and bought a few shirts. Here is one of the stores that I felt the need to buy something in. I know, I bought something with my name on it, lame. But at least now it will match my hat that my dad made me with my name on it!

That's all for now, I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures tomorrow and Sunday, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to write on here again. Whoever is reading this blog (if anyone) should start commenting on my posts so I feel like my time is being well-spent! Hope all is well in the US!

1 comment:

  1. I have read every one of ur posts Jackary.. maybe i dont wanna comment on them because everyone one of them make me jealous..
    Love
    ZACH

    ReplyDelete