Monday, June 7, 2010

First day of classes and BEACHES!

Above is the second beach we went to.
Above are the guys I'm studying with. Alberto (a Guardian Angel), Conrad, Andrew, Nick, Me, Aaron.
Above is the entrance to my school
Holaaaaaaaaa
Today was the first day of classes at the University. I am taking a business/tourism class in spanish. Our teacher is nice but she talks really fast so it makes it hard to understand her. I understand what she's talking about, but sometimes I miss words and details. It takes a lot of energy to listen intently and so my classmates and I were exhausted by the time class was over. I have to do homework tonight so I this post probably won't be too long.

After class, my classmates and I went to a small restaurant for lunch (they eat lunch here around 3pm). I had a ham and cheese sandwich which is nothing like ham and cheese sandwiches in the US (these ones are actually good). After our brief lunch, I walked back home to get my sandals and pack a bag for the beach.

We met at the main plaza and took a bus to the beach. It was absolutely stunning. The water is a perfect blue/green/turquoise/aqua. At the beach, we played catch, hit a ball around with some paddle things (kind of like ping pong paddles), and bumped a volleyball around. A few of us swam a ways out to an island. It was a tough swim, but we all made it. I'm sure the pictures won't do the long swim justice, but believe me, it was tough. Coming back the island was much easier though since we had the waves pushing us in, but nonetheless it felt good to be back on the shore.

I wish I had time to write more but I should probably go study/do my homework! Adios for now!



3 comments: